Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Saying Goodbye!

Well this has been a crazy, amazing week for our family...It has been a week since we dropped off Landon at the MTC! We have gotten two written letters one Saturday and then another Tuesday and now his email today! 

I knew from sending Nathan how hard the inevitable day was so I thought I was prepared in my mind to say the goodbye and the feelings that follow, but I was wrong. It was harder than I expected that day and after the drop off. Nathan was very sweet and tried to comfort us with his humor on the way home. Nathan described it perfect to his friend on the phone; "Yeah it was sad, but it was a good sad". We are sad to have him go, but we are so happy and grateful he has chosen to serve the Lord for the next two years.
Some Family pic before we left for the MTC





This is what makes it easier...to see how happy he was while saying goodbye to  Jeff.
Heading off with his Host...

No comments: