Monday, August 27, 2012

No more Apples for the Teacher...

All though the sky was blue and it was still warm as I went on my walk this morning it will no longer be the typical summer morning walk as the kids in the neighborhood headed back to school today. It was a very quiet walk as I passed two people cleaning cobwebs from the eaves of their houses and waved to the crossing guard as she waited for the kids to come. I smiled as I watched our neighbors come out and cheer their son and some of the other kids as they came home from their first day of Junior High School. Our boys both started college last week. Nathan started at the University of Utah and Landon at Salt Lake Community College. So there will be no apples for the teacher or parent teacher conferences this year for us. Yes, it was quiet around the house this morning but, Landon came home and then Nathan. They both headed off to work and it will be quiet again until they come home for dinner. For me...I love them at home; in and out at all times of the day. I know it won't be long before they are gone so, I will just enjoy it while I can. I am truly grateful for this time with them.

No comments: