Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sooner than we thought...

I don't tweet or do Facebook but, I am pretty sure they are all a buzz about what was announced in General Conference today. In the morning session President Thomas S. Monson changed the age of the missionaries to serve for young men to the age of 18 years old and young women from 21 years of age to 19 years old.

As a mother of an 18 year old it will totally impact us. Landon now has the opportunity to go sooner. As President Monson was speaking; I'm thinking...am I really hearing this right? I texted Jeff knowing that they were hunting up in the mountains and cell phone cover is spotty. I was anxious to hear what Landon would think. The response came back..."Wow, Landon said, he will get his papers started and go as soon as school is out in the spring." He was going to put his available date as the middle of June hoping they would let him go before he was nineteen so he could get back before school would start in the fall. With this change it will make this all possible. So the missionary thing will be happening a little sooner than we thought...I am excited for him and us...sure hope I am ready to do this again. The sooner he goes the sooner he comes home, right???

No comments: