Monday, July 21, 2014

Week Thirteen in Samut Prakan

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 58
Week Thirteen in Samut Prakan
Monday, July 21, 2015

Hey Everyone!

How are you guys all doing? I'm doing pretty good myself this week!

First I want to start off talking about our two main investigators really quick! So first I'll talk about Em; he is 23 years old and we met him like 2 weeks ago inviting and invited him to English he came a week ago Tuesday to English class and we invited him to church Sunday, but he was going out of town so he couldn't come. This last Tuesday he came to English class again. Once English class is over I'm collecting all the books, cleaning up and a member Brother Won comes up to me and he is like he wants to learn about the gospel. I'm like whoa; okay hold on one sec. So I just sit down and start teaching him. I taught him about prayer; explained baptism and extended him a date to get baptized on the 27th within 5 minutes ha-ha and believe it or not, he accepted. I gave him a BoM and told him to start reading it and taught him the word of wisdom and the law of chastity and that was it. He came to church Sunday and we taught him nearly everything after church. He has to just learn about the restoration and a couple more commandments and he is so good.

Our other investigator Brother Way is doing good also! We went to his house and taught him on Wednesday, he said he was coming to church Sunday and accepted a date to be baptized on the 27th also. He came to church and after church we also taught him almost everything, He just needs to learn a few things in Lesson 5. He is from Laos so as long as he gets his visa renewed this week he is good to go!

Our investigator Phing can't get baptized anymore... Stinks way bad, she was going to get baptized this week too, but she is only 17 and her parents won't let her so now she has to wait until she is 18 and her Birthday isn't for a few months. 
We have some other potential investigators, but they didn't come to church. We had 66 members in sacrament at church with 3 investigators and one of them was a transvestite. I saw it walking in and I was like oh no! It was way weird ha-ha just awkward and we honestly didn't know what to do. For the 3rd hour it really is a man and we tried to make him go to priesthood, but he is like no way I'm a woman and I'm going to Relief Society so we are just like uhhhhhhh; okay, whatever; a way weird situation..

Other than that
 on Thursday and Friday Elder Kettavong was way sick he just slept all day long except for when we went to teach Scripture Class on Thursday and then on Friday night we went to the Bishops house which was way awesome.

This leads me to my next story. So Saturday there was a funeral at the church in Bang Na the area just above us; it was a funeral for our ward, but they just did it there because it is nicer. They didn't have anyone to play the piano so I had to go. The meeting was supposed to start at 4:30 and end at 5:30, but we had a lesson at 6 at our church back in Samut Prakan. The thing started at 5:00 and at 5:30 my companions both just got up and left. I was just like uh, okay! Literally they left and went back to Samut Prakan without me! I was like; okay, luckily there were tons of other priesthood holders there, so no problems. After it all got said and done I ended up getting switched off with the Bishop and he took me home ha-ha! So I was companions with the Bishop and his wife for the whole time it was pretty fun! Luckily we have the coolest bishop ever; so it was awesome.

That is really it for this week! We are planning on two baptisms next Sunday so we will see what we can pull off! Hope you all have a great day!

Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: