Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Zone Conference, Baptisms and a bad Cough!!!

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 78
Week Twelve in Sisaket
Monday, December 08, 2014

Hello!

How's everyone doing?

This was quite the week this past week. It was pretty good though! Only two main things really happened this week so not too much! So on Tuesday morning we got an 8:30 bus to go to Khon Kaen because that was the only way to get there from Sisaket ha-ha small town problems. We got there at around 1:30 pm we went and ate at McDonalds and Swenson’s because yes, it was Tuesday! We went and found a hotel which was quite the adventure ha-ha! We went to one place and it had rooms but only with 1 bed so we went to another place and it was 3200 baht ($97.00) for a room ha-ha so we went to another place and it was only 900 baht ($27) a room so we settled for that and it worked very well; it was nice! 


Wednesday we have our Zone Conference and we started off by singing some Christmas songs then we went to eat at a buffet. But it really wasn't a buffet because they ran out of food ha-ha and it wasn't even that good of food…to be honest. I was kind of disappointed and so was President Senior as you could imagine. The worst part is I have been sick for the past week! So we went to the church after and were just hanging out in the chapel for 5 hours straight and I have this cough so I'm just dying the whole meeting; it was miserable. So I didn't really enjoy the trip too much because I was sick. When I got back to Sisaket though Sister Su brought me some medicine so I'm finally starting to get better! I was really glad to get home though even if it was at 1:30 in the morning.

After we got back we had 3 days to work so we were just pounding in lessons like crazy, trying to get some work done and help our two investigators get baptized! We spent a lot of time working with Su and Ti and it all worked out! They were able to both get baptized together on Sunday; it was way awesome! I was able to baptize Su and Elder Mitchell baptized Ti. It was a great way to start off the month with 2 baptisms and then sisters baptized Simon; a black guy and the other Elders also had one baptism so it was cool! Everything is going great. 




Transfers are this week so that is always annoying hopefully somehow Elder Mitchell and I can stay together; that'd be so awesome! We will see what happens. I don't feel like I'm moving, nor do I want to, but Elder Mitchell thinks he will be moving. It's been a great time here in Sisaket.



As far as pictures go there are pictures of the baptism last week. A couple of when we were in Khon Kaen and then some pictures with some of my favorite members Sister Su and Sister France. Su is France's Mom; they are so nice and are going to be taking us out for dinner tonight so that should be fun! There are also Pictures of our new RC Su and Ti who were baptized! Oh and me wearing my mask because I was sick and coughing so much I didn’t want to get Elder Mitchell sick ha-ha!

Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: