Monday, December 15, 2014

Roi Et, Elder Hartung & American Food!

Lighting off my Lantern in Sisaket
Elder Landon J Watkins Week 79
Week One in Roi Et 
Monday, December 15, 2014

What's up?

Well as you already know I moved! I am now serving in an area called Roi Et. It is actually still pretty close to Sisaket only around a 2 hour drive just a bit further to the north. It is closer to Brother Keng for sure. My new companion is Elder Hartung. He is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He has been out for around 6 months now in Thailand so 8 months total. He's 19 years old. He's 6 foot 3 and around 210 lbs. He is a big guy. He actually played some college basketball and division 2 college back in Pittsburgh. He's a pretty cool guy and we are getting along just fine. Elder Mitchell stayed in Sisaket and just got a new companion; so that was good. At least I know he will take care of our Recent Converts for us! As far as our area we have 2 sisters’; sister Woodbury and sister Ong. Also the Zone Leaders Elder Calderone and Elder Bannagorn. We also have a senior couple Elder and Sister Stoker which I'm way pumped about! They are way nice. They came to Sisaket a few weeks back and took us to dinner. I was able to get my package at transfers; so that was good! Oh and big news Elder Savage one of my previous companions (when he was in the threesome in Samut Prakan) is moving off to Myanmar now. So now I won't get to see him anymore! Pretty wild, President called him the day of transfers and asked if he would go; no notice at all. He had to go back to his area, pack his bags and go! 
Goodbye to my member friends in Sisaket!
Elder Hartung in the middle, his old companion on the left and me of course on the right.
As far as before transfers on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I just ended up saying good bye to a lot of members and just packing on Wednesday. It was sad to go; I'll miss that place it was pretty awesome and a lot of good memories! But it will be good to be in Roi Et now and experience some new stuff! 
 
My House in Roi Et!
As far as these last 3 days we don't really have many investigators right now so we have been doing a lot of contacting trying to find new people which is good. We have a lot of RC's that we are working with and even quite a few Less Actives; so that is good! Sorry not too much happened, but I'm way pumped to be here with the Stokers though. They make us dinner every Sunday night it sounds like. She made us waffles with eggs and chocolate cake yesterday. It is just amazing to have American food again! Oh and the first day on Friday she made us cinnamon rolls too which were just incredible; man do I miss American food. Thai food is good and all, but nothing hits the spot like good old food from America! When we were in Bangkok I couldn't resist and I got myself a double Big Mac; soooo good ha-ha! Anyways hope you all have a great week! Hopefully I can get over my sickness her soon. I was almost better before we left for Bangkok, but the lack of sleep and travel just made me way worse. So I had to start recovering over again so I'm starting to get a bit better. . Probably just a few more days and I'll be back in good shape again; I hope! Love you all though and Merry Christmas! As we won’t be emailing next Monday; so talk to you on Thursday! J


Love,
Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: