Monday, January 5, 2015

Feeding the Monkeys!

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 82
Week Four in Roi Et
Monday, January 05, 2015

Hey Everyone!

Well you can count on this being a short letter since it has only been 3-4 days since I last emailed ha-ha!

Well I'll start off with what we did for New Years! We ended up going to look for some silk with elephants on it but they didn't have any. So Bro. Baw a way awesome member he took me to this cool place! He took pictures for me and sent them to me so you can see them on dropbox. After we went and picked up the other two Elders and we went on the hour ride to this Buddhist temple where there are monkeys ha-ha! Man they are cool, but just so mean and you always got to watch your back. Luckily none of us got bit or anything so that was good! There are some pictures of me feeding the monkeys also! 




As far as our investigators go we taught Bro. Bank and had his interview on Friday. He is so confusing ha-ha! He passed everything but the first question. So he wasn't able to get baptized. A few of our other investigators bailed, which was way lame, but luckily we were saved by one of the RC's in our area Sister Tooy. She brought her two kids who are not members. So she gave us some new investigators and we are going to try and get them baptized next week along with giving old Bank another shot! Yesterday was a pretty awesome day though we ended up pulling off some crazy numbers with 4 member lessons, 3 new investigators, 3 referrals, and 4 Recent Convert/Less Active lessons. We had some members just take us around to all these LA's houses and part member families so we got some new referrals and investigators from that, so it was way awesome!

As far as the camera story goes. The Dad tracked down the kid and brought him to the church we talked to him and the kid was just lying through is teeth so hard! The Dad would ask him did you steal it? And he'd just sit there in silence for 2 minutes. We are like, are you kidding me if he didn't steal it he could answer straight up. You could just see him shaken in his boots, but he won't admit that he had stolen it so we can't do anything about it now, so today I'm going to try and find a new camera! I took some money out to buy one! 

Oh and just so happens a member from Bangkok who I know came to Roi Et and he is going to leave on a mission soon and he offered to cut me a suit because he's a tailor and it was such a good price I just couldn't pass up because he is going on a mission so it's my last chance! It only cost me 2500 baht which is about $80 dollars for a customs tailored suit! Pretty sweet I chose a sort of Navy blue so if I go transfers on the 22nd of January he said that it would be done for me; I'm pumped ha-ha!

Sister Stoker made some amazing Carrot Cake for us last night. American treats are good ha-ha! Thai treats are the worst ha-ha! Anyways, love you all. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: