Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Camera got stolen...Happy New Year!

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 81
Week Three in Roi Et
Monday, January 1, 2015

Hey Everyone!

Well it's officially the New Year for us, but it isn't over there in Utah quite yet! Anyways this was actually a pretty slow week and felt way long, I'll be honest! A lot of people have been out of town and just too busy to meet with us. Also as we have been inviting it has been rough just no one seemed willing to stop and talk to us no matter what we do, but we were still able to find a few new potentials and get a few good lessons in. 

Elder Hartung and I are getting a long great! He is a really good guy and fun to be around. He is a great example to me in effective studying and is helping me to learn so much more about the Gospel, the language, and the scriptures it is awesome and I'm really enjoying being his companion.

Here is the story about my camera getting stolen this past week was on Saturday. We had coordination meeting and right before we went in I grabbed my scriptures out of my bag and left my bag in the usual closet where we all leave them. The meeting started at 2 and at 2:30 my companion had to use the bathroom and I had loose string on my tie so I went to get my bag to grab my Leatherman to cut it off and my whole bag was gone. So we just started searching around trying to figure out where my bag went. We wandered around and there was a kid around 12 years old with a friend who and come in earlier to use the bathroom, but a member kicked them out. We found him and his friend were gone and the kid just sat and lied and wouldn't tell us anything. Anyways, the Sisters were searching behind the church and found my bag behind some bushes and everything was there except my camera. Some members took the kid and went to his house and found the parents of the kids who we are pretty sure stole it. But the parent’s kids haven't been home in 2 weeks. Great parenting right? So the Dad and stuff were cruising all around town trying to find his kid and never did, but a member has been helping and got the cops involved. I haven't had a chance to talk to the member, but the Dad said if they can't get the camera back then they will give me some money. I don't know how true that will be, but the kid has had to have sold the camera by now so I guess there is a still a slight chance I can get it back. I just need to talk to the member today.

As far as our investigators we are working with. We have 4 good ones and a lot of potentials.

We have Bro. Bank our 15 year old who has officially read the whole Book of Mormon in less than two weeks and is doing great! We are going to have him interviewed on Friday and hopefully he will choose to be baptized this Sunday.

We also have TonKla who is new. We found him at the New Year’s Party that has been going on for the last week. We met him and he was free so we ended up just walking with him all the way to the church and taught him, it was way good! He has a date for the 11th of January. So as long as he comes to church he should be getting baptized here soon.

The other two is a Mother and daughter named Gan and Yui. They are pretty interesting ha-ha. The Mom as a boyfriend from Australia who is Christian so she wants to be Christian also! We showed them around and introduced them at church. They are good and want to learn and her daughter has learned about Christianity before. They were supposed to come to church week, but her sister came up to visit from Bangkok so she was too busy, but they said they'd come this Sunday! Good stuff though.
Shabushi Buffet
The other cool thing that happened this week was Monday! It was a great day. First Bro. Keng came and visited and we went and ate Shabushi together a Japanese buffet which is just delicious I loved it! Bro. Keng is such a nice guy. It was a short visit, but way fun; I love that guy! That night we had a Family Home Evening with some members that we didn't know, but turns out that is because one of them lives in Hawaii and the other lives in Bangkok! They both studied at BYU Hawaii so they speak English, so well! It was so great to be able to speak some English! One of the girls named Vivi is from here and has two sisters that live here in Roi Et who aren't members so it was great experience and I think she had a great time! Her parents have already passed away so life hasn't been the easiest. So she really appreciated the Family Home Evening so the house wasn't so quiet and boring. Fun stuff though! 

That's really all we did for this past week, hopefully we can get some baptisms here soon!
Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: