Monday, January 12, 2015

"Saving Mr. Banks"

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 83
Week Five in  Roi Et
Monday, January 12, 2015

Hey Everyone!

This week was pretty good! We finally got Brother Banks baptized! It was awesome. He called me up Monday night and was like; Hey I have something I want to talk to you about. I was like okay; let’s hear it. He's like can I get baptized this week? I was like ha-ha well, yeah; but do you believe in God yet? He's like; yeah, I got an answer. I was like, lets goooo ha-ha so on Sunday I was able to baptize him which was the highlight of the week!


Some other fun stuff we did this week. We went and visited the old branch president here in Roi Et who is less active. We biked 15 Kilometers there and another 15 back, It was a good ride, but it was really nice to meet this guy. It is so weird that he is less active when his testimony is still so strong and he still knows everything that is going on in the branch and all over Thailand; which is wild! We had a good visit though. The problem is they work on Sunday but he said they are going to start closing their restaurant down. Close Sunday’s so they can start coming back to church. He is even still paying his tithing ha-ha just doesn't come to church!

We had a monthly Happy Birthday activity this week which was good! All the members came and we had a little party for everyone whose birthday is in the month of January. It was a pretty good success we had around 70 people show up and sister Stoker taught us all how to line dance after district meeting. So we taught all the members two line dances during the activity and they just loved it! They had such a great time and it was a real success! I wish I had pictures but I was too busy out on the dance floor being an example for them to watch I didn’t take pictures. I'll have to try and steal some from the Stokers if I get a chance.

As far as other investigators are going we had one guy named Nonney come to church who has been an investigator for a while, but he lives 50 kilometers away so it's kind of hard for him to get to church, but he even brought a friend and they had a blast at church! They really enjoyed it and we talked to them about baptism and they were really into it so we are going to try and pull off some miracles this week and baptize them both so hopefully we can pull it off! It's the last full week before transfers!

Things are still going great though with Elder Hartung and I! That's really all that fun stuff that happened this last week! 

Love,
Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: