Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Email

Here is part of his first email. I emailed his letter out this morning if your didn't get and would like to let me know...

Thursday, July 9, 2009
Selamat Siang Keluarga saya! So that means good morning my family but saya is my keluarga is family and yeah... I guess this is my first letter. My pday is on Thursday if you haven't guessed. My Companions name is Elder Thomas he’s tight and from Bountiful. Yeah the shots weren't a big deal at all but, yeah cost 33 dollars lol Japanese Encephalitis was free but it’s generally super expensive. Yeah and were learning Indonesian but well be speaking Malay in our mission. We have already started being taught the language, we learned how to pray and bear our testimony or doa and kesaksian. We haven't stopped learning the language since we got in. They truly hit us with a fire hose on the first day. The food here sucks, it smells alright tastes ok and then gives every elder super nasty gas... not necessarily stinky but everyone has gas and it’s even worse if you drink the orange juice. Yeah, but anyone can email me but just continue to dear elder me at dearelder.com because with the thirty minutes I have no idea if I can write and read all the emails I would get.

Our teachers are cool they went to the Jakarta mission and their way nice and cool. One is captain of the BYU soccer team and stuff he’s cool and the other one is cool but I don't know too much about him. There are 21 missionaries going to the Singapore mission, 26 of us in two districts C and B, 11 in one and 10 in the other, 5 of them are going to the Jakarta mission. I guess this is the most missionaries they’ve had speaking Indo in ever!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks so much for the e-mail! It was fun to read it! It sounds like he is having a great time, which is what you want, right?! Hang in there

Brian and Brandy said...

He sounds really good! better get him some lemon drops and I cant imagine life without Dr. pepper. I'm glad he is doing good!