Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Bike Crash...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hey Everyone! Well things are going good here so far we have a baptism this Saturday for Sister Ericka so its way exciting :) first baptism :) she passed the interview so now she just has to show up ha-ha. This week was interesting. I went to Penang all day yesterday and part of Monday. First was for the baptism interview and the zl’s (Zone Leader's) did an exchange so one could interview and the other could go to appointments with me. Then yesterday was an exchange to see how Elder Buckchuluun and I were doing. I passed ha-ha said I do great at teaching but this is all in English ha-ha so it’s pretty easy. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday was a holiday called Hari Raya which is like the Muslim Christmas or Chinese New Year. It was fun because lots of fireworks every night. Paul came to church but all he did was criticize it so it was disappointing he’s probably going to join the Jehovah Witnesses unless he gets a testimony of the Book of Mormon. But we had some pretty fun adventures this week. We were invited to an investigators mother’s birthday party for her 89th birthday. It was a huge party and they had so much food. The investigators Mr. Chan kept bringing me all this food and I had to eat it all. I was soooooo stuffed it was ridiculous. They had something called Ice Kachang which is like shaved ice on top of a little bit of corn, beans, peanuts, alavera, and coconut and then there is the flavors on top red, green, and brown and all I know is brown is root beer. And then they put a scoop of ice cream on top its pretty good. I ended up getting a watch for 30 American dollars and it’s really nice and I like it a lot except the Friday after I got it rained a ton and I crashed and scratched it and I got moss all over me and then some Muslims laughed at me and I was pretty angry and wet.... I rode through a big puddle that covered the whole road. I got too close to the gutter/middle lane thing with trees in it and crashed because the water was deep. Got some cuts but I’ll recover and I got my watch fixed today already. But I still have some moss on my clothes. It rained a lot Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Thursday there was like a foot of water in the road on it as we headed to an investigators house and there was a fish in the water!!!! Cause the river overflowed ha-ha. We also saw a monitor lizard run into a gutter the other day… there pretty big. Also the zl's hooked me up with a military Book of Mormon and a small Bible they found at their home so, there way small and awesome for proselyting. And my companion has been out for 1 year now maybe a little longer. and btw the English here is terrible so I’ll come back with such bad grammar probably ha-ha. I stayed at the zl's house last night, it’s a two floor condo, its huge and its usually where missionaries go home from so there’s lots of ties and shirts and such that people left so, I got 4 ties that are pretty descent. Also I wore my tie from Hung for the first time yesterday and then we got poured on and now it’s all wrinkly :/ oh well. Had some good food lately and I thought I had good food last night till I woke up this morning :/ had some good old runs.... We haven’t done anything exciting on p-day yet because we have to go with the senior couple because it’s hard on bikes. We are going to KL (Kuala Lumpur) next p-day so that’s exciting for zone conference and we’ll see the KL towers and stuff. And there are sister missionaries in this mission but I don’t know where and it’s about 1/3 Chinese speaking and 2/3 Malay/English speaking missionaries in our mission. And that’s all I have, got to go... Love you all, till next week :) Elder Watkins

No comments: