Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another new companion...

Hey Everyone,

Well I would answer those questions for you but, they won’t do you any good cause they took away my trainee already... who knows maybe I wasn't ready? Ha-ha just kidding. Well last night they called us and said that he was leaving on an emergency transfer to Miri in Sarawak.... so yet again my companion is off to the east side without me.... He was from Utah/Arizona and he like cross country his name was Elder Lewis. Now my new companion is Elder Thurman who apparently is like 6 foot 7 inch or something. He is also still new he has been out for about 2months or so. So after 6 days he is gone and I sent him off this morning. Elder Rathnayake is in Singapore so hopefully he will bring my package back. So I am with Eder Wong right now just chilling out at his place ha-ha. So yet again my p-day is ruined.... well not ruined just boring.

I can't quite remember why I never mentioned Dymie but she has been an investigator since I got here in KL Elder Ngwoon and I taught her and dropped her and then Elder Thomas picked her up and put her on baptism date and then they left so now she is prepared and ready for baptism. Adrian will be baptizing her since he is the one who has been helping the missionaries teach her forever. So that’s pretty exciting.

This last week was pretty exciting. We had another 8 people come to church but, sadly most of them weren't the same as last week. And most of them again just randomly showed up. But one was a referral from Sister Christine who we baptized back when I first came here. Her name is Lina who btw is also Indonesian :O so she came to church on Sunday and loved it and we gave her a Book of Mormon and so forth and taught her the first lesson. We gave her the pamphlet and told her to read that and 3 Nephi 11. So then the next morning I am doing my studies and she calls us and said she woke up this morning at 4 a.m. like usual and started to read and then prayed and she said, she felt like this awesome spirit was in her and she knew it was true and wanted to be baptized on Sunday. :0 I said, well we would be happy to baptize you but, we need to teach you some things first. So we set her on date for august 15th. Then we went and taught her yesterday and taught L2 with WoW and she was drinking tea... but she immediately got rid of the tea and said she will stop. She bore testimony how she felt like she was on the wrong path and that now she found the right path. She said after church on Sunday she felt so happy and great, like she never felt before in the other churches. So she is pretty awesome. She also stays with her brother and sister who are also interested in learning so we will also teach them

Dymie also had her interview and it went long so I was nervous but she passed so, this Saturday she will get baptized. She is really excited and what’s more exciting is its Adrians first baptism and then he will be going off to this mission in September.

This last week we also taught Diwan the Indonesian guy we meet a long time ago and it went really well and he said he would be to church but, no show... same with Maria. We had a great lesson with Maria last week and she promised really strong that she would be at church and lo and behold.... nothing.... I was so disappointed. Later she called and asked if I was mad at her and I said, no but, I was sad. She then says why, I said, this is because this church will bring you true happiness forever. She said, well when you teach me I feel happy, then I said, well that is because we are teaching you true things and you’re happy but, that is only temporary. We come here for 2 years to teach people about this message so that they can be happy with God forever. So we will see what happens.

Last week also as I was heading out to the airport we met an Indonesian maid who works at a home at our flat and she said she seen us before teaching someone about the bible. Her name is Veronica and she is Christian and she had been praying that she could meet us and talk to us about church. We talked a bit and I gave her a pamphlet and then I went to the airport. We have been trying to find her for the last 7 days and then this morning as I sent off Elder Lewis she was there and I talked to her and got her a Book of Mormon and the rest of the pamphlets. So we will see.

We were knocking at very Muslim flats the other day and there were some Hindus and we didn't see any Christians but we continued on and knocked on a door. Then a Muslim lady comes out and we asked her if she knew of any Christians nearby and she said go to the 10th floor there are some. so as we went up to the next floor she yells he come back these people are Christian and it was a Iban family from Kapit in Sarawak and they said we can come back and teach them so we will see them tonight and the best part is President Clark is coming with us to teach them... well its good but, intense ha-ha so the three of us will go there. And they actually live pretty close to church so hopefully they will come. So I am pretty excited for them to come and to let us teach them it should be good. That’s pretty much all in a nutshell. Also Elder and Sister Smith go home on this Saturday.

Till next week...

Elder Watkins

No comments: