Monday, April 28, 2014

Transferred to Samut Pakran!

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 46
Week One in Samut Prakan

Monday, April 28, 2014

Hey Everyone!

Well it is official, I'm out of Nongkhai as you guys knew I was moving and I am in Samut Prakan which is south of Bangkok. I think it is the farthest area south in the mission that has missionaries since we don't have any in the south of Thailand. It is just as busy and crazy as Bangkok just not "considered the heart" of Bangkok is all, but it is nuts! We don't ever ride bikes here so that is kind of nice since it is the hot season. We ride buses, vans, and trucks everywhere we go; it is pretty cool! My new companion is Elder Wheeler. He is about 5 months ahead of me in the mission. He has been here for just one transfer before me so he is very familiar with the area.
 
Elder Watkins and his companion Elder Wheeler
Transfers were way fun, I got to see Elder Unsworth, Crump, Batey, Vandenberghe and all the friends I've made in the mission so far. I didn't get Elder Unsworth for my companion again; so that was too bad, but what can you do. That is really it for Transfers meeting except that new news is that this will be the last 9 week transfer. So starting next transfer we will be going back to 6 weeks transfers so that is exciting, I've never had one of those. I feel like the 9 week transfers cruise by so I don't even want to know how fast these 6 weeks will go by!

As for this last week nothing really happened! On Tuesday we spent all day really prepping to go down to Bangkok. Then we had English class and got on the bus and got into Bangkok at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. We took our stuff to the church in Pak Kret and showered at Elder Unsworths house which was way awesome! We went to Asoke where the mission office is and did some stuff for my companion to finish up his mission and then we went bowling for 2 hours. I went with all the Thais that were finishing their mission so that was interesting. I was the only white guy with a bunch of Thais ha-ha! But I got a turkey and it was way awesome as you can see from the score card I put up! Wednesday night we just went back to Pak Kret and I actually switched off companions and was in a tri with Elder Unsworth and his companion that was way fun so we slept there.
 
Elder Watkins is Lupe on the bottom
Thursday was transfers then Friday was my first day in the area. We taught a couple of investigators and went to the church and taught the Book of Mormon class. The members here are way awesome and I'm already way good friends with 4 kids; Brother Won and Baa who are both recent converts. And Sister Mai and Sis Min. They are way funny and just cool people! They help us teach and invite all the time it is so sweet. It is funny though because Brother Gang told everyone here to take care of me so all these members are just like saying, Brother Gang said you are awesome and so it has made getting to know the members super easy! 
 
Sister Sooy's Baptism

Saturday we were at the church all day for an end of the year seminary activity that we helped with so that was a long day at the church, but really good. On Sunday we had a baptism that was way cool I only helped to teach her once before she got baptized, but her name is Sister Sooy! She is like 40 years old and I think she is really nice. I honestly don't know much about her, but I'll try and send you some pictures! We did a bunch of inviting yesterday and that was it! 

Today we are going to Asoke to the office to get some supplies from there and go do some shopping so that should be fun! Hope you all have a great week, love you all!

Love,

Landon

No comments: