Thursday, August 14, 2014

Back to just two with a new companion...Elder Lodwick

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 61
Week Sixteen in Samut Prakan

Monday, August 11, 2014

Hey!

Well how's everyone doing?

I'll first start off by explaining everything that happened with transfers. On Tuesday we had just finished eating lunch and I got a phone call from President and I thought he was going to ask me to train, but nope; he wanted to talk to Elder Savage. Sure enough President says I need Savage to get all his stuff ASAP and come to the office today ASAP. So we went back to the house while he packed everything and we took him to the office. That took up our whole day on Tuesday except for English class when we got back.

Wednesday was crazy too it was just me and Elder Kettavong so it seemed way quiet around here; then I get a call from Elder Crump and he is like; hey, we will be in Samut Prakan in an hour we are going to sleeping at your house tonight! I’m like sweet! So we went and had dinner together and they stayed the night before transfers, it was way awesome. Anyways transfers rolled around on Thursday morning and before transfers when we went to the office on Tuesday I had asked if Kettavong and I were going to stay companions and if we would still have to go to transfers because if you don't change companions you just stay in your area. They called us a few hours later and said that we needed to go to transfers so that meant something was going on. At transfer they split up me and Elder Kettavong. We both got new companions. My new companion is Elder Lodwick. He's 19 years old and from Tennessee. He has been out for about 6 months he is in the same group as Elder Savage. He served in Rangsit and Udorn before coming here. So he is already on area 3 in 6 months and I am on my third area too except that I have been in country a year this week ha-ha. I must be doing something right not to get moved like crazy, I guess ha-ha. Elder Kettavongs companion is Elder Thomas he was actually in my MTC group just in the other district. He is from California and is a really nice guy. Oh and he is in my same group and this is his 5th area, so it looks like I just hang out in my areas for a long time! Oh yeah and also I became District Leader so that is interesting. After transfers I had my DL training meeting which was good. It answered some questions I had about Baptismal Interviews and stuff like that. I haven't had to interview anyone, yet, but when I do I'll let you know how my first interview goes! It’s going to be a cool experience, I think. After transfers we went and ate at Que Pasa as usual because that is just something you have to do when you go to transfers meeting. We came back to our area and had Book of Mormon Class.

Other than that though for this week we haven't done much except for inviting and visiting RC's because since Kettavong and I were companions before so we had to split all the investigators and people we were teaching in half to make it fair. 

Our main investigator is Bung; the 28 year old girl we are teaching. She is honestly so awesome and so ready to be baptized. She has already gotten her answer that the church is true she just won't take a date because she is scared. But I had a way good lesson with her on the phone last night and I think she's understand why it is so important; so I'm praying she will be baptized this Sunday. I think she will, she is way awesome. So keep her in your prayers this week.

Our other investigator is Yok he is a 14 year old boy; a friend of a member. He has been to church 2 times now, but since he is 14; he has to come for 3 months or we have to get special permission for him to get baptized faster; so as of right now we are taking it easy with him. We had 2 new investigators come to church Sunday, but they are also young; 15 and 16 year old girls, they only came to sacrament are super busy with school so we will see if they go anywhere! I think we will get this area really strong, though.

Anyways; it was a pretty good week. Expect a baptism for next week because it is going to happen! Love you all so much hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: