Monday, August 25, 2014

Baptisms and Pictures!!!


Elder Landon J Watkins Week 63
Week Eighteen in Samut Prakan

Monday, August 25, 2014

Hey Everyone!

Things are going pretty great this week! First off Brother Jawd got baptized this week! It was way awesome. Teaching him throughout the week was hilarious; every time we would bring up getting baptized on Sunday he'd just be like, yeah, for sure I'm getting baptized this Sunday. He was honestly the easiest person I've ever taught my whole mission to get baptized. He had no problems with any commandments and accepted everything we taught. The members love him too he is going to be such a good member in the ward especially once he has the Melchizedek Priesthood!


I had my first baptismal interview this week! It was great! Pretty easy it only took about 10 minutes for the interview part! She gave me a little scare, but it all worked out great in the end. The longest part is just having to fill out the Baptismal Record in Thai ha-ha because Thai people’s names are just spelled so different. It was a way great experience though.

This week at church on Sunday we had 70 people at church. We had two baptisms. We had one and the other Elders had one. My companionship had 9 investigators at church and the other two Elders had 2. 

We have a baptismal goal of 2 for next week so we had a couple new daters from Sunday Lek, Fone, and Fay. Lek and Fone are who we are trying to get for next week. They are two new investigators that just came to church for the first time on Sunday, but they both took a date and we have return appointments with them Tuesday at 9 and 10; so awesome. 

This week my companion and I got 64 new phone numbers which is a lot and I feel like this week will be even better. I have just changed my attitude a little bit and he has changed too he even finally told me he was trying to be the way he was at the beginning and that now he is going to be himself more so we are getting along great.

Anyways as far as this week nothing else crazy happened or too interesting that I can think of except Sister Bung got confirmed and it was awesome! So we are trying to get 2 baptisms this week so that we will have 4 this month. The requirement for each companionship is 2 a month and we have that, but we want 2 more because that was the original standard before President lowered it to two. Have a good week everyone; love you all!


Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: