Monday, September 22, 2014

Training a Greenie in Sisaket!!!

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 67
Week One in Sisaket
Monday, September 22, 2014

Hey Everyone!

Well as you already heard transfers happened this last week! I'll start off with last Monday; we went and hunted around for Chinese silk fabric to make ties out of them. We hunted for about 3 or 4 hours asking around and getting led all around the city and we couldn't find anything. We were about to give up and then I said like just go down this street and try one last time and we found the biggest jackpot. It was so awesome; we bought tons of fabric and are getting them cut into ties. I sent you some pictures of the fabric so once I get the ties back I'll let you know how they look! 

Wait till you see my ties...
The Bishop and his wife in  Samut Prakan
Tuesday, Brother Keng came and we had Swenson’s with him and went to English class and I just said good bye to tons of the members which was kind of sad, but good! Just before English class started President Senior called and asked me to train and of course I accepted. He said, I had a meeting Wednesday morning at 8 in the office. So Wednesday went to the office and ate at Carl's Jr. after. Which is so tasty, it is unreal nothing like a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger. We went back and I got some packing done and went to the Church to teach the walk-ins Nok and Jo. We also taught them on Tuesday; they are so awesome. They had literally almost learned everything after we taught them so it was a nice walk-in for the new Elder that replaced me to get two baptisms with Elder Lodwick. I just found out today they did get baptized woooooo!!! I have a picture; I'll put up also.

 
Nok and Jo's Baptism
Transfers were Thursday! I'm moving to Sisaket which is in the Eesaan! It is right by Cambodia! I'm also will white wash the area and be training a new missionary!  His name is Elder Mitchell from Payson, Utah. He just turned 19 years old in the MTC and is just out of high school (he was just older in his grade). My companion is so cool and we have tons in common. He played high school baseball and is left handed just like me; what more can I want? He is way awesome; though really! He is such a good guy and we get along great!

 
Landon, Brother Keng and fresh from America; Elder Mitchell
After our 7 hour bus ride here we arrive and the house was just filthy; so you know the first thing I did was clean the shower so I could shower because I wasn't about to shower with mold on the ground that has been there who knows how long! We studied and tried to get to know the area a little bit. Luckily a member showed us around a bit and took us to eat and got my companion a bike and all that good stuff! It was way awesome though! It is my first area that actually has a church. We even have sports night here! We played volleyball and of course I tore it up; so much fun! 

Saturday we did some contacting, finding, and talking with the members after coordination meeting. After talking to the members and looking through our area book we have literally no investigators. I don't know what the other two Elders were doing, but that is okay. This place has an awesome branch and tons of members. They have around 120-130 people every week which is so nuts, especially because this city is pretty small. The members are way awesome though. 

On Sunday we had two investigators come to church the other Elders had 1 and the Sisters had 1, so we are already doing some work here ha-ha! They both accepted dates to get baptized next month. They are a couple named Bawk and Jub; they are friends of a member. They are going to Bangkok for a couple weeks so they will get baptized when they come back!

That is really everything I got for you; pretty awesome week! Love you all, hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: