Monday, September 29, 2014

The Sisaket Branch is Growing!

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 68
Week Two in Sisaket
Monday, September 29, 2014

Hey!

This was a pretty good week for the most part. It is very special having the opportunity to be training Elder Mitchell he is such a good missionary and friend of mine. I'm so grateful to be serving here in Sisaket with him.

House in Sisaket
Yesterday was pretty awesome at church. All week the members have been working really hard to get 150 people at church one Sunday and sure enough yesterday we had 175 people at church; pretty crazy especially as small of a city as it is here in Sisaket. This branch is very special; I am very impressed with the work that goes on here by the members. Our district also had two baptisms. The lady the sister missionaries baptized was 99 years old and in a couple months will be 100. They had to have two people in the font because she is in a wheelchair! It was pretty cool to see. 
 
The Somsak Family
This past week was filled with a lot of work in finding and teaching RC/LAs because when we moved here we had no investigators so it has been really easy on how to do the work. So we have been spending lots of time finding. We have a referral we got this last week named Tam; he is way awesome. I think he is 22 years old. We taught him after church yesterday for the first time and he accepted a date to be baptized this next coming week. So I'm pretty excited to help him prepare to be baptized; he will be so awesome. 3 of his friends are already members here so he is fellowshipped really well.

We also have our investigators Bob and Jub, but they are in Bangkok for a bit. 

Earlier this morning we got a special video training from President Senior that was about 17 minutes long. I was really impressed and happy to receive that little training from the video we watched. It was really awesome. The spirit was so strong while watching it and I received a confirmation that everything President Senior said was true. So now we all know what we need to find the fire in our work and keep going! I'm really excited. He also suspended Facebook for the time being, so we won't be using that anymore. 

This past week during my personal study I've still be reading through PMG as well as in the Book of Mormon. I'm really loving PMG; so many new ideas and thoughts that I am learning and applying in my work. I really hadn’t read a ton in PMG before, but now I see what I've been missing out on; it is so great. I'm also almost finished with the Book of Mormon for another time. I'm currently reading in Mormon so not much further to go!

Love,

Elder Landon J Watkins

No comments: