Monday, February 16, 2015

Translating for Elder Kanakham

Elder Landon J Watkins Week 88
Week Ten in Roi Et
Monday, February 16, 2015

Hey Everyone!


How's it going?

Things were pretty crazy here this last week to be honest, but it was way awesome!

Well I'll start off with Saturday and Sunday since it is fresh on my mind! So this week we had the Leadership training for our Ubon District here in Roi Et! Wow was it crazy we were assigned to translate for everything…ha-ha; oh great! So the meeting started at 10 so we are leaving our house at 9:30 and I look at my companion’s bike and both of his tires were flat ha-ha! We go down the street to a little the place and it’s closed! So we kept trying to find a place to fill them up with air, but I knew that one of the tubes was burst for sure, but we had to find a place that could change it out! We finally found a place and it's already past 10 by now ha-ha; but the guy had no tubes so he had to go buy one! So we just ditched our bikes at his shop and luckily he had a car and he's like; I’ll just take you to the church so he took us over and we just got translating. The cool thing is Elder Kanakham is here and he the first Thai Seventies you know and was just way awesome. Our heads were hurting from translating all day and we thought it was all over. The best part was though all the Sisaket leaders came up here so I got to see all of them! I didn't even get to eat lunch because they ran out of food except for I did get a few cucumbers ha-ha!  We went and picked up our bikes and grabbed some food because; Oh, surprise we have a special fireside tonight from Elder Kanakham which was way awesome, to be honest! He tied everything into the atonement and if you have an understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and will come to church, do your home teaching and visiting teaching! It just all made perfect sense; he was a great speaker. It was cool he called me out of the crowd to play; “I Stand All Amazed” while everyone just listened. It was a little stressful because I had never played that song before, but my sight reading was okay ha-ha! Luckily the song wasn't too hard. There was a special spirit while everyone sat in silence remembering what our Savior had done for us!


Sunday was good too we didn't think we were going to get any investigators at church be we ended up get 4 news ones to show up, which was awesome! It was so lame though; Ern and Ahh didn't go to church because of who knows why, but we got lucky! Wirat our new guy from last week who is 82 is wild. Everyone knows him and he is just super rich and well known I guess. We met with him a ton, but he has accepted everything but baptism; it is so weird ha-ha! He is worried about the whole Buddhist thing and what his family will think because he is like the head of it. He went off to another province for some special meeting so he wasn't free. We had 126 people at church this week which was also good! We had Elder Kanakham in church with us so it was just a great time to learn! I just wish I hadn't been translating the whole time during the training so I could have written some things down. 


Friday was pretty sweet too! We had a February Birthday Celebration and for our part we did line dancing again because the members loved it so much! The bad thing was that the Stokers were out of town so guess who had to lead the line dancing! Yep, you guessed it; this guy ha-ha! I led all the members and I think I did a good job; I guess! But luckily it wasn't too hard! Good exercise, fun, and learning for the members which was a great success.


Other than that we just worked all week inviting! I went on a switch off to Kalasin with Elder Kandun a Thai Elder and it was way fun and just a good switch up! Everything is going pretty good! Hopefully we can get some more baptisms here soon; the work is a little slow. 


Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Landon J Watkins


No comments: