Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Guatemala, Quetzaltenango Temple

Quetzaltenango Temple in Guatemala...Jeff's picture of the temple looks like it could be on the cover of the Ensign :)
I thought I would share just a little bit of Jeff's letter this week to Nathan while he is in Guatemala helping do the final punch on the Quetzaltenango Temple with Ben Davis from his work.

Nathan,

I am just sitting in my hotel room in Quetzaltenango Guatemala. It has been a long day. I left SLC at 8:10 pm Sunday and flew all night to Guatemala. Then there was the 4 1/2 hour drive to the Temple. It is getting close to finishing. It is a very pretty Temple. This will be the last trip here for Ben. They are going to dedicate the Temple in November. It is 65 degrees and rainy. See the attached picture.

We head back to the city on Tuesday night and then leave early on Wednesday morning. We are coming home a day early.

Guatemala is a lot different than when I was here on my mission. They have tons of fast food places. They now even have Walmarts. They were not here last year. It still is a very poor country. There is definitely a lower class and a upper class. They probably drive here just like they do in Malaysia.

Love ya,
Dad

No comments: