Thursday, August 6, 2009

Apparently they search your packages...


I thought I would post this picture he sent home. I am sure glad to see they let them out once in a while. Here is his letter from this week...

Apa Kabar setiap orang! (Hey what’s the news everyone), everything here is going alright.... it’s really boring and I glad I am on week 5 and that’s what makes it awesome. So we found out kind of when the Indo group generally leaves... we go to the airport around 5:00 a.m. from the MTC usually, then fly to San Diego or LA then to Hong Kong or Japan either way if we stop in Japan or Hong Kong and if you have somewhat of a fever in Hong Kong they will put you in to quarantine at their airport so if you have any signs you have to chill there an extra week. So apparently they search your packages or something cause the salami you sent they took it and left a wonderful note instead.... saya benchi mail room.... (I hate the mail room) it says it was either thrown away or it was given back to the delivery service.... so either way, it sounds like it was wasted. Bryce did see my nose (hidung) he said it was pretty nasty I never really saw it but I heard it was bad. It was a lot better the next day. It still hurts if you brush it with your hand hard or something. We also got new beds in yesterday there nice new cast iron beds, same mattresses though just new bed frames. And our AC hasn't been working in our building for the last week or something it’s terribly hot all the time. We got to do Indonesian names at the temple last week so it was awesome and hilarious to watch the temple workers try to pronounce the names. The language is coming better, we really only have religious vocabulary, so we will teach the 3rd lesson on Saturday and its pretty simple because its only like 15 new vocabulary words to learn. We had Malaria education last week, we now have to take a pill every day starting the week before we head over there to help prevent Malaria and then 4 weeks after we get back we have to continue to take it. The guy just told us horror stories about it so I’ll take it and use bug spray. Our teacher said at one point they would go to an investigators house and they couldn’t see the investigator they taught who was just five feet away, because of the amount of mosquitoes. So I will use my bug spray ha-ha. We also have to use sunscreen all the time because the medication you have to take makes you more sensitive to the sun too... totally awesome I know. Well that’s all the time I have Pisau! (knife) ha-ha sounds like peace out but it means knife. Sampai Nanti Elder Watkins


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the "homage" to The Beatles Abbey Road album in the pic of the four Elders crossing the road. I wonder if there is a Sister Yoko Ono in the MTC right now...?